Singapore was David`s last destination on his visit to south east Asia in October and November 2016. Three institutions were visited to explore how they might become partners of APIEM. First of all a Memorandum of Understanding was signed at Shelton College. This MoU will enable APIEM Student Members to undertake an eight month internship in Singapore through which they will gain credit points for their programme of study. Shelton College will provide two months of class room teaching that will then be followed by six months work experience for the students. Two additional institutes were visited – the Nanyang Institute of Management (NIM) and the School d`Hospitality (SDH). David has worked with NIM previously and confirmed with the Director that they are eligible to apply for APIEM Centre of Excellence status. At SDH David discussed how APIEM will be able to assist SDH in expanding its MICE/events management curriculum so that it too can apply for APIEM accreditation.
- APIEM awards the Certified Event Organiser qualification to BS Event Management Graduates from the Universiti Utara Malaysia 25th February 2021
- APIEM`s 1st Postgraduate International Centre of Excellence 25th February 2021
- APIEM`s 1st Sport Event International Centre of Excellence 2nd January 2021
- APIEM`s 1st Certified Event Manager with Distinction 27th November 2020
- APIEM`s 1st Certified Event Planner with DISTINCTION 27th November 2020